Tuesday, March 20, 2007

OK IN OK-C




























Greetings and salutations. Here is a brief rundown of my time in OKC: In addition to going to some good firms (like FSB, Rand Elliott and many others) to pitch my goods along with the local reps -great guys by the way. I was fortunate to see some very nice architecture including: The Federal Memorial, the new Federal Building, this great old building while looking for a Goff rich residential neighborhood in Norman, OK(Bruce Goff www.kebyar.com for more info), Rand Elliott's great boathouse as well as Mr. Elliott's office, the Stage Center by John Johansen(http://www.greatbuildings.com/architects/John_M._Johansen.html for more information on Mr. Johansen) , this great ramp project at the Oklahoma Bar Association by David Kraszewski ("CRAW-CHEF-SKI"), a nice private house by Brian Fitzsimmons and another Rand Elliott project-slash-monument (Go to http://www.e-a-a.com/ for more info on Mr. Elliott's work). Needless to say, OKC is OK. In all seriousness, OKC is a little bit of a surprise and a whole lot of fun for an architecture junky like me.
I expected oil and pickup trucks and gun toting cowboys. And sure, there is some of that. But, more importantly, there is a ton of culture happening in this cool central America city. I would take it any day of the week over Vegas. But that is just me... a little bit of a prude or prat.
If you have the time, or are passing through, spend some time... there is a lot more there than the few snapshots I am loading up.
I know that this entry isn't glib or even pithy; please forgive me. We were out all day today... first in NJ, then to DC, then to Baltimore and finally, tonight, back to Cherry Hill. When in Cherry Hill, NJ. Check out The Library 2... great food in a bar/restaurant/library-type-of-vibe. Sorry, no pictures...too much driving and talking and not enough looking.
Take care.



No comments: