Monday, May 07, 2007

Mini Apples




I went to Minneapolis a while ago and really did not get the chance to get the photos I would have loved to snagged while there. Nice dash reflection on the Guthrie. Sorry about that. Cool building and cool setting. Julie Snow's work is also worth catching when in town... sorry again... none shown. Google her and check out her work... very clean and good.
Minneapolis St Paul is a cool town. I recommend early summer so that you can hit the lake country as well. My favorite city in MN, though, is Duluth. It helps if you have a buddy that lives there or has lived there to act as a tour guide. The drive up the great lake coast heading Northwards is well worth the effort. As strange as it sounds, the lakeshore up there reminds me of parts of the Oregon Coast... or vice versa.
When in MSP, though, check out the riverfront and all the old industrial areas near downtown. Like most places, wasteland has turned into prime r.e. I went to ORAGAMI (a sushi joint) in MSP and it was FAN-FRICKIN-TASTIC, Grasshopper! High marks and a strong suggestion for all you dead raw fish types out there.
More snaps next time... I promise.
-G

No comments: